Health System 100 Monthly Think Tank Agenda - June 18
[ Back to Home ]
10 Ways COVID-19 is Disrupting the Business of Health Systems
Thursday, June 18 | 4:00 to 5:16 pm ET | Register for this think tank
As the nation’s health systems begin the road to recovery, a reality is setting in: COVID19 has changed the US healthcare system – and some changes are here to stay. In the first episode of the new Health System 100 Monthly Think Tank, we will explore how this pandemic is disrupting the business of health systems based on more than 20 interviews with executives and experts. We’ll outline where we anticipate the greatest transformation, and discuss how health systems must adapt their business models – including making pro-active, bold decisions that will impact service lines, workforce, cost structure, and care delivery.Topics include:
- Consumer Trepidation – some patients may never come back
- Payer Mix – more Medicaid is the new normal
- Infection Control – budgeting for PPE stockpiles
- ICU Bed Balance – bringing back electives, but bracing for a surge
- Telehealth – adoption is up, will payment follow?
- Revenue Cycle Management – streamline collections, prioritize cash-on-hand
- Physician Relations – furloughs versus layoffs; re-writing contracts
- Strategic Cost Management – bold cuts ahead: reassessing beds, services, hospitals, and docs
- Capital Expenditures – freeze, delay, eliminate – or seize opportunity?
- New Competition – who has dry powder, and where will they spend it?
To be announced
We’ve created private LinkedIn groups for you to easily share insights,
best practices, questions, documents, articles and anything else with
the group. Click the link above, then the blue Request to Join button. We will approve you ASAP (open only to task force members).
This meeting will be recorded for distribution to our database of healthcare leadership. Your participation in this meeting serves as express consent to be recorded.
Interested in listening to past recordings or reading previous Think Tank summaries? Go here.